Thursday, April 06, 2006

College Idiots


While I was in college I KNOW that my team got away with a lot of stuff. First off is a rite that many new players go through called "Rookie Night". As a rookie we as rookies had to run the bases naked, entertain the guys by lip synching to songs and drink a LOT of beer. It was a fun time in college. I know I was being hazed. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Fraternities would do the same thing and get in big trouble. Our athletic director would make sure no one would be called out. Anyway, What these Duke LAX players did was just idiotic. For those who do not know what happened, Three Lax captains made arrangements for 2 black strippers to come over to the captains house just off campus. The women showed up thinking they were going to dance for 5 guys at a bachelor party. When the strippers showed up they found 45 drunk Lax players saying they were on the baseball team and using different names.

After having racial slurs yelled at them, the strippers decided to leave the house. Only to have one of them come back in and be raped in a bathroom by three white players.


Ryan McFadyen, #41 on the team, wrote this e-mail about 2 hours after the rape was supposed to happen.

"tommrow night, after tonights show, ive decided to have some strippers over … all ar welcome.. however there will be no nudity. I plan on killing the bitches as soon as the walk in and proceding to cut their skin off while cumming in my duke issue spandex…."

While I would love to see a lacrosse player cum in his own spandex, BUT if he gets off by killing and then skinning a woman, he has got mad issues.

From what it looked like to me, is that the school tried to cover up what happened, down played the accusations at first. Once ESPN, CNN, ABC News and the New York Times picked it up they knew they couldn’t keep it quiet. I hope someone on that team can come forward and talk about what happened. I know it would not happen because they would be shunned from every team they would go to. I can’t even imagine if there was a player in the closet on that team.

No comments: