Friday, June 17, 2005

Hello All! And welcome to my attempt at venting out frustration! I am a gay baseball player in the Major League Baseball system that needs to be able to express the person that I truly am, but can’t. Baseball is definitely ready for a gay baseball player, but America is not. I thought I would write down my random feelings and overall experiences being a gay professional athlete in America. We are out there. I don’t know how to find the rest of us, but I do know that as I travel and play for different teams in different cities, I meet a lot of people that know people that know people. I want to be able to share my frustrations and maybe get some open anonymous dialogue going here on the net. I do know that my location may not be revealed right away for fear of outing and losing what I have worked so hard to get. Little League, High School, Travel teams, College and now being given a shot to maybe become the next Derek Jeter or whoever you idolize in the majors.I want to share a little about myself. I was born in the Northeast and played some ball down South briefly before ending up where I am now. Like I said, I hope this blog can create a dialogue between the average American fan as well as other Gay Athletes around the country! Feel free to contact me by anyway possible. I can be reached at ClubhouseCloset@gmail.com

1 comment:

This Thoughtful Idiot said...

Hey -- great to "see" you. It's about time that somebody from MLB starts in on this topic!

Huge baseball fan here ... played Little League and all the way through high school. Wasn't good enough to play for a college team, but that's the way it goes, you know?

Anyway, glad to see a fellow gay start in on this ... but there are probably more gay baseball fans (and players for that matter) than you can guess!

I sorta question your statement that MLB is ready for an "out" player. Can you blog more about what makes you think this?

Anyway, welcome!